The components of vaccines are a bit scary in and of themselves, specially when you realize they are going into 7 lb. infants, or 18 lb. toddlers. I am just not anti-vaccination. Neither am I pro-vaccination. I’ve been looking at this problem for fifteen years. I’ve talked with parents that are certain that a vaccination caused their children’s autism. I’ve also talked with experts who are equally certain that vaccinations do not cause autism or any other developmental disorder.
So, let’s just start with something basic. Precisely what is in a vaccination?
1) Antigens: The infectious agent will be the primary constituent of every vaccine. Such as antigens like hepatitis B, diphtheria, pertussis (whooping cough), tetanus (DTP), haemophilus influenzae B (Hib), inactivated polio virus (IPV), and pneumococcal antigen (one cause of pneumonia).
2) Aluminum: This is utilized to boost the antigenic response by trapping the antigen and causing a slow release of it. Aluminum in the blood is associated with allergy, motor paralysis, local numbness, fatty degeneration of kidneys and liver, learning disabilities, dementia, and seizures.
3) Formaldehyde: This really is employed to inactivate the bacterial and viral antigens. Exposure to formaldehyde is assigned to cancer, vertigo, coma, and death. There is absolutely no known threshold level below which there is certainly not really a threat of cancer.
4) Thimerosal: Also known as merthiolate, thimerosal comes from mercury and has been utilized as a preservative and disinfectant in vaccines. Mercury is among the most potent neurotoxins proven to humans. In July 1999, the FDA requested that manufacturers of vaccines remove thimerosal from Usa licensed vaccines. This occurred after it absolutely was stated that cumulative exposure of infants to mercury throughout the first 6 months of life exceeded EPA guidelines. Thimersol continues to be utilized in flu vaccines and in vaccines distributed in other countries. Recent research is showing that thimerosal is a lot more prevalent in vaccines now than it was in 1999!
5) Other Components: Included in this are phenol that is utilized within the extraction procedure of making vaccines and is also a very toxic substance based on coal tar that can cause shock, convulsions, cardiac failure, kidney failure, and death. Ethanol, methanol, isopropyl and two phenoxyethanol are alcohols which are used as antiseptics to hinder the expansion and reproduction of microorganisms in vaccines. And then there are the unwanted or unknown components that only occur during the process. It really is particularly difficult to establish reasons for negative effects as a result of these unknown substances.
So, exactly what are we to create of the? I’m uncertain. Can it mean vaccines are unsafe? I don’t know. Are these substances I would personally knowingly inject into my own children’s bloodstreams? No — not without some solid, compelling evidence that it would be with their benefit.
Vaccine proponents repeat the proof benefit is apparent. Vaccine opponents say the proof of benefit is way from clear and this the science behind vaccinations is pretty shabby. Before you make a determination, weigh the sumlds carefully. On the pro side of vaccinations, visit the Centers for Disease Control (cdc.gov). For that con side of vaccinations, check out the National Vaccine Information Center (nvic.org).