Using raw image files
Raw images carry unprocessed details that can be further developed into an excellent photograph. The regular jpeg images that you click using a camera is automatically enhanced depending on the maker of the camera. The raw images are untouched by the automated settings of a camera.
Your camera raw file format changes using the brand name and model variety of the digital camera. The frequently used camera raw format is the Digital Negative or DNG format. Lightroom supports import of different types of raw files. The iOS version of Lightroom even offers editing of certain raw images which can be opened inside the desktop version for more enhancements.
12 Suggestions to develop your raw images beautifully. Import your raw image within the Lightroom and try these tips as per the necessary results:
1. Adding white balance – Once you click on white balance option, you will find a pop-up set of white balance options like daylight, cloudy, tungsten and more. You can use one of many choices to fix the white balance of your own raw image or try better options from your list.
2. Color and Tone Correction – Adjust colour balance in photographs. Clarity, vibrance, hue, saturation, tone curve etc. are some of the Lightroom choices to correct the color and tone of the images. The vibrance slider can be used to regulate saturation however it will not oversaturate skin colors.
3. Correct the exposure – The raw image may be overexposed or underexposed. Use the exposure slider to improve or reduce the exposure values.
4. Improve the details – Use the fill tool to take back the missing detail in the image which can be contained in the raw file.
The volume of brightness captured through the raw image is a lot more compared to a regular jpeg image. Adjust the values inside the highlights slider to recover the facts from the raw image in Lightroom.
5. Vignette effect – Lightroom has a post crop vignetting feature which can be utilized to add effects to a cropped image.
If you have plenty of highlights inside your image then choose the Highlight Priority effect. Select the Color Priority effect to preserve color hues in your raw image. Select the Paint Overlay option to blend monochrome colors with original colors of your own raw image.
6. Grain effect – Put in a film grain style in your raw images to create grain effect. For revealing a part of the image, add the grain effect to rest of the image area having a higher value as grain amount. You can control the size and style, amount, and roughness from the grain. For a blurred image, increase the dimensions of the grain particle to more than 25%.
7. Dehaze effect – There are occassions when weather conditions can lead to your hazy image with smoke or fog. To correct the haziness or adjust it, use the dehaze effect. After you have made the required yvtdxo changes to the photograph by adjusting colour, brightness etc., go and select the “Dehaze” options within the effects panel.
8. Radial Filter – To pay attention to people or objects in an image, you can make use of the radial filter. After you choose the radial filter through the toolbar, you have to select an area of focus. The filter provides you with the choice to utilize the modification inside and out the circle drawn on your part.
While working on projects for photo retouching services, you can add more radial filters on the images to take multiple objects into focus.
9. Paint using the Adjustment brush – Lightroom provides you with the freedom to color the local adjustments such as brightness, tint, saturation, clarity and much more. This alternative lets you paint adjustments in elements of the pictures according to your decision.
Similar results can be accomplished with all the Graduated Filter tool.
10. Retouching – Professionals widely make use of the retouching features of Lightroom to deliver high-quality photo retouching. You can remove blemishes, adjust brightness making a great deal of changes in retouch photos.
Here is one quick tip; before beginning to retouch portraits, tick “Profile corrections” and “Remove chromatic aberration” within the basic tab underneath the lens corrections tab to repair distortions captured yvtdxo the digital camera lens.
11. Save presets – You can save the changes which you make making use of the Adjustment Brush tool or even the Graduated Filter tool as a preset. Use the “New Local Correction Setting” in order to save the adjustment presets and employ it again while dealing with raw images. These Free Lightroom Presets can come in handy while working on color correction of similar images.
12. Add Camera Raw – You can utilize the Camera Raw plugin with Lightroom to correct distorted perspectives and do more. Camera Raw is an additional raw image processor from Adobe and has similar photo editing functions.